Mid Valley Stangs
Bylaws, policies & Guidelines
Established January 2011
Amended January 2012
ARTICLE I - Club Name
ARTICLE II- Club Objectives
ARTICLE III- Office Location
ARTICLE IV- Regional Areas
ARTICLE V- Membership Application
ARTICLE VI- Club Membership
Section 1- Levels of Membership
Section 2- Membership Dues
Section 3- Expulsion of Membership
ARTICLE VII- Club Officers
Section 1- Definitions
Section 2- Elections
Section 3- Duties
ARTICLE VIII- Board of Directors
ARTICLE IX- Miscellaneous
Section 1- Notice of Meetings
Section 2- Quorum
Section 3- Membership Meetings
Section 4- Special Meetings
Section 5- Order of Business
Section 6- Appointment of Committees
Section 7- Website and Electronic Media
Section 8- Supporting Vendors/Advertising
Section 9- Amendment of Bylaws
Section 10- Fiscal Year
Section 11- Personal Liability
Section 12- Attorney Fees
Section 13- Charities
Section 14- Disposition of Property
Section 15- Disposition of Treasure
Article I- Club Name
The official name of the club will be “San Joaquin Valley Car Club-Mid Valley Stangs”, a non-profit organization. For all general purposes the club will be referred to as “Mid Valley Stangs”. “MVS” and the “Club” may also be used in the bylaws and in general purposes.
Article II- Club Objectives
- To foster friendships through events, car shows, cruises and other events.
- To promote ownership, enthusiasm and pride in the Ford Mustang and Ford line of vehicles.
- To provide a means to exchange ideas and information for owners of Mustangs and Ford vehicles.
- To promote the car enthusiast hobby within the community.
- To provide and promote social events for club members.
- To promote safety and enjoyment within the car enthusiast hobby.
- To promote and provide events that are family orientated.
Article III- Office Location
The principle mailing address for MVS shall be 4120 Dale Rd #J8-116 Modesto, CA 95356 or as so designated by the Board of Directors.
Article IV- Regional Areas
Mid Valley Stangs is a car club devoted to Mustang and Ford Enthusiasts here in the Central Valley of California. The club covers (5) regional areas including Stanislaus, San Joaquin, Merced, Madera and Fresno Counties. A board member will oversee each area as so designated.
Article V- Membership
- Membership to MVS shall require an interest in the Ford Mustang or Ford line of vehicles.
- Members will be required to agree that their vehicle(s) will be continuously covered by insurance that meets or exceeds the minimum requirements of the State of California while participating in any club sponsored or organized events.
- Membership applications are subject to approval by the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors shall have final say in all membership matters.
- If the member is under the age of 18, consent from the member’s legal guardian is required and their signature is required on the membership application.
- The membership application will be available on the club’s website and can be sent electronically or in paper form.
Article VI- Club Membership
SECTION 1- Levels of Membership
- Primary Member: Any person owning or interested in Ford Mustangs or Ford line of vehicles may become an active member in this club and be entitled to all of its privileges as long as the member is in good standing and dues have been paid.
- Associate Member: A family member(s) or significant other of a primary member shall be entitled to all privileges of the club as long as they are in good standing and associate dues have been paid.
- Honorary Member: Upon recommendation of the Board of Directors, persons who have rendered important services of the membership or the cause of MVS, or the Mustang/Ford hobby in whole, may be elected to Honorary Membership. Honorary Members are exempt from club membership dues.
SECTION 2- Membership Dues
- Primary Membership dues shall be $30 per year
- Associate Membership dues are $10 per person per year
- On the first year of membership there will be an additional due of $10 to cover club decals.
- Yearly dues shall be payable at the beginning of the MVS Fiscal year which is January 1st of each year. A completed application form must accompany all dues even renewal membership dues.
- Any membership starting after Oct 1st of each year will have their dues rolled over to the following year.
SECTION 3- Expulsion/Cancellation of
Any member may have their membership cancelled from MVS for:
- Non-Payment of dues by 45 days after the beginning of a new fiscal year. Member privileges will be suspended until payment of dues is received. If dues are not received 90 days after the start of the fiscal year, membership will be cancelled.
- Any breach of the bylaws of the club may be cause to cancel the membership and forfeiture of fees that have been paid.
- Any actions deemed detrimental to the club or any of its members will be cause to cancel the membership and forfeiture of fees that have been paid.
- Lack of vehicle insurance that meets or exceeds the minimum requirements of the State of California while participating in any club sponsored or organized events.
Membership expulsion/cancellation will only be done by a board vote and will require a majority vote.
Any expulsion will be cause for forfeiture of fees that have been paid.
Article VII- Club Officers
SECTION 1- Definitions
- The elected officers of MVS shall be: President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and (5) general board seats
- If so deemed by the Board of Directors, (2) Members-at-Large may be appointed by the board.
SECTION 2- Elections
- Any member who wishes to hold an officer position must either be nominated or submit their name in writing in the month of October.
- Election of officers by majority vote shall be held in November.
- All officers of MVS shall be primary, or associate members and must be in good standing.
- Should an officer resign or become unable to hold office before the end of the elected term, the President shall appoint a member in good standing to assume the post until the term ends.
- The members shall elect officers of MVS for a term of one year, beginning on January 1st.
SECTION 3- Duties
- President: The President shall preside at all monthly meetings and perform the duties of the office. The President may call special meetings of the members of the Board of Directors, and may appoint special committees.
- Vice President: In the absence of the President, the duties of that office shall be performed by the Vice President. The Vice President may be delegated duties, which are deemed necessary for the club.
- Secretary: The Secretary shall attend meetings and shall record all minutes and votes. The Secretary shall maintain a current roll call of all members and will receive all membership applications for processing. The Secretary shall also give notices of meetings.
- Treasurer: The Treasurer shall:
- Have custody of all financial obligations concerning MVS.
- Receive all funds for MVS to be deposited in the club’s bank account.
- Pay debts and liabilities incurred by the club or its members, with the approval of the Board of Directors.
- Sign all checks for payment of debts. Another designated officer must also countersign these checks.
- All payments through Paypal will require a Paypal receipt signed by the Treasurer and countersigned by another designated officer.
- Give a report on the club’s financial position at the monthly meetings and, if so requested, at any other meetings of the Board of Directors.
- Board Member: Each board member will be responsible for his/her designated regional area if so designated. Board members will organize events for the designated area
- Members-at-Large: If deemed so by the Board of Directors, the president may appoint (2) members-at-large and those appointments shall be approved by a majority vote of the Board of Directors. The members-at-large may be removed and replaced at the discretion of the Board.
Article VIII- Board of
The Board of Directors of MVS shall be comprised of (9) officers. If deemed so by the Board, (2) members at large can be appointed for a total of (11) officers, all whom must be in good standing. Supervision of all affairs and interests of MVS shall be vested in the Board of Directors. The general duties shall include consideration of all official business presented.
The Board of Directors will meet monthly at such time and place designated by the President The President will designate the location in advance. The President may call special meetings of the Board of Directors at any time. A special meeting may be called at the request of any (2) Board members. At least (2) days notice must be given to the Board of Directors. The notice must state the reason of such special meetings.
Day to day club business decisions can me made electronically unless (3) members of the board decide to hold the proposed business over for further
discussion at the next board meeting. All decisions made electronically will still
require a majority vote by the board. The Board Area of the forums will be the preferred method of electronic decisions but these can be made via text or email if the forums are not available at the time
Article IX- Miscellaneous
SECTION 1- Notice of Meetings
The Secretary shall give, at a minimum, a (5) day notice of any meetings stating the place, date and time of said meetings. This does not apply to special meetings covered in Article VIII
SECTION 2- Quorum
Five (5) members of the Board of Directors present at all board meetings and (15) of all membership present at all membership meetings shall constitute a quorum. A quorum is the minimal number of members of an organization needed to conduct business.
SECTION 3- Membership Meetings
The meetings shall occur as scheduled at least once per quarter. This date is subject to change upon approval of the majority of the membership present at the meeting.
SECTION 4- Special Membership Meetings
The President or a majority of the Board of Directors may call a special meeting of the members
SECTION 5- Order of Business at Meetings
The order of business at a Board and/or Membership meeting shall be as follows
- President shall call meeting to order
- Reading and approval of minutes of the last meeting. This will be done by the Secretary.
- Report by the Treasurer
- Any Committee reports
- Old Business
- New Business
The Order of Business may be modified by the President or Membership where applicable. When elections are due, they will take place immediately after Committee reports and before Old Business.
SECTION 6- Appointment of Committees
The Board of Directors shall appoint such committees as deemed necessary and shall outline the duties and responsibilities of such committees. A majority of the committee must approve all reports and/or actions taken by the committee.
SECTION 7- Website and Electronic Media/Social
The club has exclusive rights to the website Midvalleystangs.com. The Board of Directors will designate a Webmaster who will operate the site. The site will not contain any images or text that is obscene or detrimental to the club. MVS bylaws will be posted on the website as will membership applications. The Board of Directors will make decisions concerning the website with input from the Webmaster.
The website will have an integrated forum which will be for members only and will require a login. The Board of Directors and Webmaster reserve the right to lock, delete, or move any post as deemed necessary. No member shall post anything deemed detrimental to the club, its members or any of the club’s supporting vendors.
MVS will also maintain a Facebook account. This account will be used for social networking of the club and to post information and events. The Facebook account will be maintained by a member appointed by the Board of Directors.
SECTION 8- Supporting Vendors and Advertising Policy
Supporting Vendors will be included on a scrolling banner on the clubs website. Company logos and a link to the company’s website will be included on the Affiliate section of the clubs website. The MVS website will also have a forum utilized by the members. Each Supporting Vendor will have a dedicated forum block where they can post information and members can post comments regarding the Vendor. Club awards will also be displayed at supporting vendors depending on locality.
Mid Valley Stangs is a non-profit organization. Any money collected will be spent on club activities and on the membership. Supporting Vendor dues are $100 per fiscal year.
SECTION 9- Amendment of Bylaws
Any member in good standing, by written notice of proposed bylaw changes submitted to the Secretary and documented on the clubs website (3) days prior to the regularly scheduled membership meeting, may propose an amendment to the bylaws. If 50%+1 (Majority) of the members who are present vote in favor of
the proposal at the meeting, the proposed amendment shall be approved and adopted.
SECTION 10- Fiscal Year
The fiscal year of MVS is from January 1st through December 31st of any given year.
SECTION 11- Personal Liability
All persons or corporations extending credit to, contracting with, or having a claim against the club or the officers, shall look only to all the funds and property of the club for payment of any such contract or claim of payment of any debt, damage, judgment, or decree of any other money that may otherwise become due and payable to them from the officers, so that neither the members of the club, past or present officers of the club, supporting vendors, or sponsors shall be personally liable therefore. All members release MVS and any of its officers from any and all responsibility for any damages or losses, known or unknown.
SECTION 12- Attorney Fees
All members agree that if a dispute should arise between a member and MVS resulting in the institution of legal action, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover attorney fees and costs arising from said action.
SECTION 13- Charities
All requests for charitable contributions must be submitted in writing to the Board of Directors for their verification, and then the Board will submit their recommendations to the General Membership.
SECTION 14- Disposition of Property
All property of MVS in the possession of officers and/or members will be turned over to their successors upon completion of their term or termination of office.
SECTION 15- Disposition of Treasure
If at any point in time, the general membership decides to dissolve the club (passed by two-thirds vote of the membership) all moneys remaining in the club treasury, after payment of all outstanding debts, will be donated to a charity that is in agreement with the membership.
These bylaws are constructed and written to comply with the State of California in order to establish and operate San Joaquin Valley Car Club-Mid Valley Stangs as a non-profit organization.
Mid Valley Stangs is a car club devoted to Mustang and Ford Enthusiasts here in the Central Valley of California. The club covers (5) regional areas including Stanislaus, San Joaquin, Merced, Madera and Fresno Counties. We are here to share our love and passion of great cars, great friends and great times. All events and activities are family orientated so please bring them along. We foster friendships through events, car shows, cruises and get togethers for dinner and/or coffee.